Monday, September 27, 2010

Fashion Week: from New York to Tampa!

Welcome to my Blog!

Friday night I attended Tampa Fashion Week. After primping Laura Hunt of Fashion Forward, I was donned a press pass and shown to my seat in the front row! It was grand fun and it was also a reminder of the importance of being inspired. After the show, I raced home to my computer and started scouring the net for pictures of the 2011 Spring Collections of New York Fashion Week. Then I realized- I have nowhere to put all these great pictures and information!!! A blog, right, I'll start a blog! So, I'm going to use this to keep myself and hopefully others inspired by faces and the fun things we like to do to them!

First Task: Fashion Week- from New York to Tampa:

NEW YORK:
The Orange Lip: This trend is almost 3D! The lip color of the season is as vibrant as your can possibly imagine and completely MATTE.... don't dare lick your lips! And Orange choice is a color that a lot of people can wear and look great in, so this is a trend I would definitely look into.
Lela Rose, MUA: Sara Lucero


Jonathan Saunders, MUA: Lucia Pieroni

The Metallic Eye: You choose the shade. Honestly, if you want to wear green up to your forehead, you would have fit right in with Z Spoke for Zac Posen! If you aren't so daring, the brassy browns and golds are in as well as the soft platinums and silvers.
Z Spoke for Zac Posen, MUA: Charlotte Willer

Monique Lhuillier, MUA: Val Garland

Anna Sui, MUA: Pat McGrath


The Coveted:
These are just looks that I was stunned by. Regardless of whether I'm looking forward to putting this on my face or not, I still love the creativity and skill these makeup artists have.

Vivienne Westwood Red Label Spring 2011
Vivienne Westwood, MUA: Gordon Espinet


'Imatation', MUA: Nadine Luke
Marchesa, MUA: Talia Shobrook

marc-jacobs-spring-2011
Marc Jacobs, MUA: Francois Nars

Z Spoke by Zac Posen, MUA: Charlotte Willer


TAMPA:

Understandably, Tampa's Fashion Week was on a slightly smaller scale. However, we still saw lots of the same stuff. I do apologize for the lack of picture quality...they were moving and I was using an iPhone. ;)

JCAGUA showed neon bathing suits paired with a bold lips in odd color choices and matching graphic eyeshadow combos.

APM Images had a little hint of that metallic.


Wade Simpson took Essence Flowers to a whole new level of beauty. Not only was the collection luscious, and completely wearable (if they add a few inches to the hem line), the hair and makeup brought the Doll House inspired look to life. Hat's off to this team- they definitely came out to play! (And they won)




No comments:

Post a Comment